Twitter is not just a social network platform to express yourself in 140 characters but also a tool to help you to become a part of the pulse of a nation. Today more than 275 million Twitter users are active from all over the world and are posting over 500 million tweets every 24 hours.
Total Twitter users in India are 33 Million and from this base 76% of users access it via their mobile phone, clearly more than 3.5 crore Internet savvy Indians are actively sharing their joy, pain, suffering and desire on Twitter.
Just think about it, a short 140 characters message which these 3.5 crore Indians share via Twitter can be described as an amalgamation of their emotions and their state of mind. What else can be a better way to understand India in 2014 than analyzing how Indians reacted on Twitter 🙂
Let’s have a look back in 2014 through the eyes of Twitter.[googlefont font=”Chewy” size=”25px” margin=”10px 0 20px 0″]Most Retweeted Tweet of India in 2014.[/googlefont]
On May 16, 2014, 12.09 pm, India’s 15th Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared his victory news via Twitter, and that Tweet has become the Golden Tweet for 2014 with 70,513 re-tweets.
Never before in the history of Independent India, a PM had shared his joy this way. Surely a defining moment for India. Right now, after Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the most followed political leader on Twitter. According to an yearly search report released by second most popular search engine “Bing”- Narendra Modi is on the top of most searched people in Asia.
At #2 is Bollywood heartthrob and superstar Salman Khan’s tweet in which he shared the link of his movie Kick’s trailer that received 51,981 re-tweets.Top 20 Tweets of India in 2014:[/googlefont]
- @narendramodi, 70,515 RTs: https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/467192528878329856
- @beingsalmankhan,51,981 RTs: https://twitter.com/BeingSalmanKhan/status/478131192273719296
- @VEERIAN, 30,853 RTs: https://twitter.com/VEERIAN/status/485442656156127232
- @taran_adarsh, 24,657 RTs: https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh/statuses/444166921882062848
- @beingsalmankhan, 18,374 RTs: https://twitter.com/BeingSalmanKhan/statuses/444806659467005952
- @superstarrajini, 14,979 RTs: https://twitter.com/superstarrajini/status/463263835227684864
- @atulreellife, 13,161 RTs: https://twitter.com/atulreellife/status/442721711343939584
- @VEERIAN, 12,789 RTs: https://twitter.com/VEERIAN/status/485453501565136896
- @MarsOrbiter, 12,495 RTs: https://twitter.com/MarsOrbiter/status/514618412417302528
- @MarsOrbiter, 12,488 RTs: https://twitter.com/MarsOrbiter/status/514603320137097216
- @superstarrajini, 12,391 RTs: https://twitter.com/superstarrajini/status/467231560899362816
- @narendramodi, 12,370 RTs: https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/467213500767404032
- @SonyMusicIn, 11,440 RTs: https://twitter.com/SonyMusicIn/status/463932527137157121
- @deepikapadukone, 11,323RTs: https://twitter.com/deepikapadukone/status/533575410705911809
- @sonakshisinha, 10,020 RTs: https://twitter.com/sonakshisinha/status/532760682945466368
- @deepikapadukone, 9,363 RTs: https://twitter.com/deepikapadukone/status/511070655442219008
- @deepikapadukone, 9,334 RTs: https://twitter.com/deepikapadukone/status/511070915170271233
- @iamsrk, 8,967 RTs: https://twitter.com/iamsrk/status/519170517366886400
- @sachin_rt, 8,510 RTs: https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/538299716203601920
- @narendramodi, 7,995 RTs: https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/535794981332459521
Here is an exclusive list of 10 most followed Indians on Twitter.
[googlefont font=”Chewy” size=”25px” margin=”10px 0 20px 0″]Famous personalities who joined twitter in 2014[/googlefont]
Do you remember the time when superstar Rajnikant joined twitter on 4th May 2014, surprisingly he had more than 2,00,000 followers within just 24 hours, a brilliant record which no one else has ever achieved in India.[googlefont font=”Chewy” size=”25px” margin=”10px 0 20px 0″]Most trending Hashtags in India in 2014[/googlefont]
HASHTAGS are basically list of most trending conversation on Twitter which is influencing the country, we have listed down ten most trending hashtags in India in 2014.