In recent years, people have started consuming more video advertisements rather than image or text ads, be it on any platform. Businesses need to understand the importance of video in marketing and need to include it in their strategy. As of now, the engagement received on video ads has only been rising.
A recent research conducted by the website Convert gave the following statistics:
- 74% of all Internet traffic will be video by 2018
- 8,333 Vine videos are shared each minute
- Instagram videos create double the engagement as photos
- 33% of tablet owners watch about an hour of video on their devices every day
- Video in email can boost open rates by 20% and increase click-through rates by two-three times
Video and Remarketing
Video ads have gained tremendous popularity and need to be added to a campaign’s strategy. It is important to incorporate them into your Google ads, especially remarketing ads. Advertisers can then reach out to people who have:
- Watched any videos;
- Liked, disliked, commented or shared videos;
- Viewed a video as a TrueView (in-stream) video ad; or
- Visited or subscribed to a specific YouTube channel
There are various ad formats available on Google’s Display Network. To video remarket, your YouTube account and Google AdWords account must be linked.
However, it has been observed that we tend to receive more impressions and clicks when we remarket ads to:
- People who have viewed more than two pages on a site; and
- Those who’ve watched a video
Videos on Facebook
Videos on Facebook have been the most effective when it comes to reaching out to fans and followers. Couple that with their new video advertisement tools, there is no reason stopping advertisers from shedding more genuine cash on Facebook video promotions and content.
Videos on Twitter
Twitter’s new video promotion feature has changed the way one utilizes the platform. The ideal way to utilize this feature is through engagement. Videos need to be engaging and need to draw in the audience rather than them being forced on the audience.